Sunday, March 8, 2009

15 days and counting

So I get that post out last week about blogging more, and than do nothing in addition to it. Its unfortunate, but things have just been crazy busy lately. (A quick side digression that popped into my head - I have really stopped using Twitter as everyone that followed me on there now is on Facebook, so that might present opportunities for fairly short, almost Twitter-ish posts on here...maybe). Anyway, nothing exciting going on, just lots of work trying to finish up an Appellate Brief.

Due to that fun project, along with some other random projects at work, today marked the 15th consecutive day that I have been at the office working on something. And last night, after spending the entire afternoon at the office, I worked an additional couple hours at home. I shouldn't be complaining, having a job right now in these times and in our community is fortunate, but I am a bit exhausted. I have five days this week to get through before Jackie and I head down to Fort Wayne on Saturday for a hockey game. So that will push me to 20 consecutive days in the office before I finally gain a respite. I am looking forward to that, if for nothing else to get a little break from the office.

As this stretch has developed, I have become more and more aware that I haven't taken a real vacation from work for about a year and three months. And the ways things look, it may be another year or so before we really have another opportunity to take a vacation somewhere. At least when I was in school, there was always a break on the horizon, always an end to the current "period." Now, particularly in times like the last few weeks when things just seem to snowball, it all just seems endless...there's nothing out there to work towards, to look forward to, so to speak.

It seems like the weather is starting to change towards spring, so hopefully that will bring some better weather-related moods, and maybe some eventually, some half days with some golf. As Jackie always reminds me, just have to keep plugging away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Assembly Line of Attention

Well, hello there (in my best Obi-Wan Kenobi impersonation). It's been over two years since I last posted anything here, and even then I...